English Learning and Practice Resources
Education First – Resources for Learning English
Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Online
Merriam-Webster Learner’s Dictionary
Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary Online
Other Academic Resources
English Language Centre, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Maryville University College Guide to Preventing Plagiarism
English News and Literature
With the support of the Office of Vice-President (Academic and Research), the Centre for Teaching and Learning and the Department of English have developed an online platform on fundamental English grammar, namely the Grammar Awareness Platform.The platform comprises videos pinpointing some common grammatical mistakes made by students. There are also follow-up teaching notes and interactive tasks for you to better understand and apply grammar structure in communication.
If you wish to use our platform, here are a few steps:
- Click HERE to get access to the HSU online learning platform.
- Scroll down the page to find Grammar Awareness Platform.
- Register for our GAP, using the HSU email account.
- Sign in our platform, click “View Course”, and the “Course” tab at the top.
- British Council free “Understanding IELTS” course
- British Council free IELTS practice tests
- British Council free “Road to IELTS”
- IELTS Prep App
- IELTS Word Power app
- IELTS Word Ready app
- Johnny Grammar Word Challenge app
- LearnEnglish Audio & Video app
- LearnEnglish Grammar app
- LearnEnglish Podcast app
Magoosh IELTS Vocabulary Flashcards app
Net Languages IELTS Preparation Course database
IELTS Preparation E-Books (Coming soon)
Oxford English Dictionary Online